Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Update: Alternative Certification in Pennsylvania

This first surfaced a few weeks ago, but here are some updated details on Ed Rendell's plans to ease teacher certification in Pennsylvania (for teachers in shortage areas only).

If you think certification does more harm than good - which I tend to - you can't help but like this plan. It swaps a 2-4 year program out and replaces it with what is essentially a 4-month intro to teaching. In a perfect world, is this the way I would do it? No. But, given the choice between keeping up the status quo and bringing fresh minds into our classrooms, I'll take this.

2 comments:

  1. Every one should read this.....
    Thanks for sharing with us......
    ___________________
    DyanaDevis
    Get easy cash at your door step

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I love reading updates because I am working towards my PA teaching certification.

    ReplyDelete